Crocket Street/beaumont

Gary

Just got back last weekend from playing on Crocket street in Beaumont and man what a great little strip. It's a block long with two stories of clubs. The signage to the clubs is great, in fact where we played (Antones) had a fantastic marquee, much like you would find in old Chicago.

This place is alot like what you would find in New Orleans and is really amazing considering the town it's in. It's a wonderfully planned area.

On top of that our show went so well that we got the opening slot with Styx next weekend. I'm pumped.

If you don't already know about this place it's worth the hour and a half drive to check it out.

Its a great revitialization story. We used to go to the Haunted Hotel in downtown Beaumont every year. One year we noticed the construction, and the next year there was the Crockett St. entertainment district.

I agree that there are some cool venues there. My wife & I ate at the Spindletop a while back - good food.

I had heard they were going to expand it and build buildings similar to those standing, across the street where the parking lot is now. Have they done that, or is it still parking lot across from Bobby McGees, Blackcat & the other venues?

They haven't done anything yet to that area, in fact I wasn't aware that they had additional plans. They could certainly fill more clubs as the existing district was packed with people.

I thought it was a very charming area.

Archived