City Council District H Voting To Replace Adrian Garcia's Old Seat

samiamj

Halbert park in Sunset Heights.

When asked what to do about drug dealers hanging out in Halbert Park, Maverick Welsh's response was to tear down the basketball courts and be done with the bad element. Now, while that may seem to be a quick fix, plenty of parks in Houston are hangouts for drug dealers that don't have basketball courts, so it is not really a fix.

Regarding the removal of the basketball courts at Halbert Park, please read the blog posting: http://theheightslifehouston.blogspot.com/...octor-park.html

Scroll down to about the 3rd paragraph.

I believe that Maverick was involved in the organized effort to improve Proctor Park. This included the removal of the basketball hoops and backboards. Apparently the effort worked to make the park more of a family center.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the removal of the basketball courts at Halbert Park, please read the blog posting: http://theheightslifehouston.blogspot.com/...octor-park.html

Scroll down to about the 3rd paragraph.

I believe that Maverick was involved in the organized effort to improve Proctor Park. This included the removal of the basketball hoops and backboards. Apparently the effort worked to make the park more of a family center.

I am so happy that Ed Gonzalez won this position. I actually did not dislike Maverick until I started getting those weird mailers from him. I thought Ed was the better candidate at this time with more experience in the district and a lot more experience in dealing with crime. I really hated to see Maverick go to negative campaigning. I hope he learns from this experience, builds his resume as a public servant and grows as a community leader. We could certainly use all that we can get.

• The title was changed to City Council District H Voting To Replace Adrian Garcia's Old Seat

Archived