Concrete Sinks & Countertops

I'm thinking about making a concrete sink/vanity for the guest bath...obviously I can do whatever I want since it's my home and all, but, is there anything I might want to consider for when I sell my home (which I won't be doing anytime soon)? In other words, are there certain codes, etc. that I should follow when building the sink? Is this something that might normally come up during a home inspection? Does it HAVE to have an overflow or a specific type of drain? I know i've seen sinks @ hardware stores that don't have overflows, but most of those are vessel sinks. Thanks!

I'm thinking about making a concrete sink/vanity for the guest bath...obviously I can do whatever I want since it's my home and all, but, is there anything I might want to consider for when I sell my home (which I won't be doing anytime soon)? In other words, are there certain codes, etc. that I should follow when building the sink? Is this something that might normally come up during a home inspection? Does it HAVE to have an overflow or a specific type of drain? I know i've seen sinks @ hardware stores that don't have overflows, but most of those are vessel sinks. Thanks!

Yeah, if it's your house and you do not plan on selling it, you can do just about anything. However, when you do sell it, there might be a problem. Plumbing fixtures installed in the City of Houston must have a UPC decal on them.

Yeah, if it's your house and you do not plan on selling it, you can do just about anything. However, when you do sell it, there might be a problem. Plumbing fixtures installed in the City of Houston must have a UPC decal on them.

Right on. Maybe i'll store the current sink in my attic just in case I need to put it back. Thanks

EMME, how soon are you looking put in new countertops?

Edited by Robbb

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Concrete Sinks & Countertops