Contractor Recommendation Needed: Frameless Shower Enclosure

Thanks Flipper. I spoke with the guy you recommended, but he wasn't interested in the job, so the search continues.

Did he give you a reason? If he's not going to work with people I'll pull his name and/or kick his butt!

flipper

He said something along the lines of only working on homes that are not occupied during the weekends.

He works at Rice during the day and does glass in the evenings "on the side". If you don't mind him doing the install in the evening let me know and I'll bug him for you.

flipper

• 3 weeks later...
Is this about RR? I used him for our glass enclosure and he did a great job. Didn't take long at all - came out once to measure and then came back for an hour or so to install. Many thanks to flipper for the recommendation!

yep, RR is the man. I guess he is just picking and choosing which owner occupied houses he wants to do.

flipper

yep, RR is the man. I guess he is just picking and choosing which owner occupied houses he wants to do.

flipper

He installed our shower door last weekend. Again, did a great job and was substantially cheaper than anyone else we called. Thanks for recommendation flipper....

He installed our shower door last weekend. Again, did a great job and was substantially cheaper than anyone else we called. Thanks for recommendation flipper....

He better do my next shower for free with all these referalls!

flipper

If you don't mind me asking, how much does a frameless shower run (ballpark)? We were thinking of retiling our shower and converting the framed enclosure to frameless, but I really have no idea how much a frameless enclosure costs.

If you don't mind me asking, how much does a frameless shower run (ballpark)? We were thinking of retiling our shower and converting the framed enclosure to frameless, but I really have no idea how much a frameless enclosure costs.

$1000 plus or minus $250

flipper

Ours wasn't an enclosure, just a door opening (one fixed panel and one door panel), and cost around $850. All other quotes were north of $1000.

PS Flipper - thanks also for the granite recommendation. Maicol did a decent job at a very decent price. Now if only I'd asked you for a tile guy....

Ours wasn't an enclosure, just a door opening (one fixed panel and one door panel), and cost around $850. All other quotes were north of $1000.

PS Flipper - thanks also for the granite recommendation. Maicol did a decent job at a very decent price. Now if only I'd asked you for a tile guy....

Don't beat yourself up. I generally don't share my tile guy :) I'm glad people on here are getting some mileage out of my subs. It can be hard to find work out there as a homeowner.

flipper

• 2 months later...