Stimulus Money

Hey, Hey what do you know the beloved TXDOT and commisioners which many of you so valiantly love and defend are back at it again.

This time they are gonna use Stimulus money to build toll roads and then charge everyone again to use those toll roads. Man that is a racket if I ever saw one.

Just close up some HOV Free lanes and convert them to Toll Lanes along with the Grand Parkway extension.

Guess they will probably need to raise our tolls again to pay for all the added paperwork, etc in order to build those roads.

OK you folks can show your love for them again.

Hey, Hey what do you know the beloved TXDOT and commisioners which many of you so valiantly love and defend are back at it again.

This time they are gonna use Stimulus money to build toll roads and then charge everyone again to use those toll roads. Man that is a racket if I ever saw one.

Please provide further details and sources.

I'd assume he's referring to Grand Parkway Segment E (I-10 to 290), which is getting $181 million.

ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/...roject_list.pdf

That does raise some question marks!

One way or the other, though, I don't see any reason to oppose this. If HCTRA is basically gifted money from the federal government for a project they would've done anyway, paid for by toll revenue, that only means that they're more able to finance other projects. They can't give surplus funds back to taxpayers, users, other government entities, or individuals, so they can only possibly use it to finance more toll roads. Good!

Just spoke to someone at TXDOT and they approved using stimulus money for building toll roads despite MOST TEXANS BEING OPPOSED TO THIS. TXDOT is out of control and has been for years. For those of us who do not support Texas/Houston being blanketed in toll roads, this is a travesty and a shame. :angry:

Just spoke to someone at TXDOT and they approved using stimulus money for building toll roads despite MOST TEXANS BEING OPPOSED TO THIS. TXDOT is out of control and has been for years. For those of us who do not support Texas/Houston being blanketed in toll roads, this is a travesty and a shame. :angry:

...as for the rest of us lazy unenlightened low-brow car-driving pedestrian-shunning drive-thru-using fatties trying to drive anywhere on any road, tolled or not:

dance_26.gif

hurray

Edited by TheNiche

• 4 weeks later...

Just close up some HOV Free lanes and convert them to Toll Lanes along with the Grand Parkway extension.

Guess they will probably need to raise our tolls again to pay for all the added paperwork, etc in order to build those roads.

OK you folks can show your love for them again.

Oh, tell me about it. This toll roads thing in Texas is getting downright ridiculous.

Special interests just want to make a quick buck...