Resurfacing Fiberglass Tub/Shower

i have rental unit built in 1983. i had the tub/shower resurfaced in '02. it is now cracked. where the last tenant had a bath mat, the surface has dissolved and is gummy.

i'm looking for someone to resurface. i figure it's cheaper than tearing it out.

any opinions are welcome. any contacts in the spring area who would give me an estimate would be great too.

thanks in advance.

i have rental unit built in 1983. i had the tub/shower resurfaced in '02. it is now cracked. where the last tenant had a bath mat, the surface has dissolved and is gummy.

i'm looking for someone to resurface. i figure it's cheaper than tearing it out.

any opinions are welcome. any contacts in the spring area who would give me an estimate would be great too.

thanks in advance.

I have a strikingly similar problem with a 1981 inner-loop condominium where the last resurfacing was also in 2002. It's peeling away from the tile.

I would like to tear out and replace the bathtub and shower as part of the upgrades I'm making before the unit is listed for sale, but it seems like the bathtub must have been installed before framing was completed, as it is too big to get through the bathroom doorway. I've been putting this job off, so far, but want to know what my options are, realistically.

I'll second the recommendation for Miracle Method. I had them cover an old white porcelan tub with a pea green ceramic tile enclosure (circa 1969) to make it all white. The tub came out looking like brand new and you couldn't tell that the tiles were not always white. I lived there for about four years after the work was done and I never saw any wear or discoloration.

And the extra benefit is that the coating fills in all of the grout pores so it doesn't get as dirty and it's really easy to clean.

I have a strikingly similar problem with a 1981 inner-loop condominium where the last resurfacing was also in 2002. It's peeling away from the tile.

I would like to tear out and replace the bathtub and shower as part of the upgrades I'm making before the unit is listed for sale, but it seems like the bathtub must have been installed before framing was completed, as it is too big to get through the bathroom doorway. I've been putting this job off, so far, but want to know what my options are, realistically.

What is the tub made of?

flipper

flipper,

what should resurfacing a fiberglass tub & surround cost? i've requested an estimate from miracle method. it looks like they have a guy in humble, near my rental.

I'm guessing it's 200-300 bucks. I've only had chip repair done and that is around $80.

flipper

• The title was changed to Resurfacing Fiberglass Tub/Shower