RIP: radioHAIF

editor

Sorry to once again be the bearer of bad tidings, but radioHAIF is going off the air.

gallery_1_86_7812.jpg

Like everything else these days, blame it on the economy. I've had three important advertisers go out of business in the last two weeks, and I have to cut back anywhere I can, and fast.

Not that radioHAIF had advertisers. It didn't. The audio stream was part of the overall community building exercise that is HAIF. In a way it was working. radioHAIF averaged about 80 listener hours per month. That means people out there were listening to the station about two and a half hours a day. I think that's pretty good. But, it isn't free to run. There are monthly fees that have to be paid that I simply cannot afford right now. Hopefully in the future when things get better I can bring back a better, stronger, louder radioHAIF.

I know I've complained about the financial state of the web site before, and this message isn't intended to be another one of those complaints. This isn't a solicitation for money. Keep your cash. I just want to explain to those who were listeners why it's going away. If you want to help HAIF, then keep visiting; keep reading messages; keep posting new messages; keep starting new threads; and keep telling your relatives and neighbors about us. We have a nice little community here, and I'm confident that it will be able to weather this economic storm.

Archived