single female: good apartment complex?

KristinDaugherty

The Core off of Washington and Heights (?) may be a good fit for you. As a single female, you will probably enjoy the area a lot.

i.e. Lots of Bars/Restaurants within 3 miles (a few in walking distance), Memorial and Buff Bayou park < 3 miles away, easy access to I-10 and about 10 min away from Galleria.

Good luck.

Move date probably mid-February, and I work in the Galleria.

Currently, I'm looking in the Spring Branch area - inside the Beltway and north of I-10. Would like to stay in the west half of town. Advice, opinions, ideas?

There are dozens of good complexes in that swath of town. Need more info. Price range, lifestyle preferences, specific concerns?

Since no way to modify original post that I can discover ...

Price range: as cheap as possible. One bedroom is all that's strictly needed, but a den or study or second bedroom would also be good.

Term: six months, since I'll be moving ASAP after that.

Lifestyle: yeah, I forgot to mention I'm 40 and don't party outside the house much.

Important factor: security. Good gates or a security guard are a must.

I would look at One Orleans Place at 2800 Jeanetta, just off of Westheimer. My own mother and an aunt both have condos and live in there. It should fit the bill for you. It is a condo/apartment complex with about 200 units or so, if that. If need be, i can get you a couple of contact numbers for landlords. They are all owned seperately and you can probably find listing on HAR.com

Here ya go, I made a link: Type in One Orleans Place in the Subdivision category. Good Luck !

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearchClass7.cfm

Keep in mind, there are NO apartments that are as safe as homes. You will be looking for a relatively safe apartment, but I've known just as many single females to have their apartment broken into in the nicest apartments as I have in the 'ghetto' apartments.

Basically, just find a nice area of town, and stay away from 1st floor apartments (which is what every apartment break-in of someone I've known has had in common. Every one of them.)

Archived