Most Overpriced Business In The Heights

Regarding this thread overall, nothing in the Heights strikes me as overpriced. One of the defining characteristics of the Heights, I think, is lower priced food and services.

That said, Shade is priced similar to any other restaurant of its quality, and the food is very good. If fine dining is not your bag, then that is fine. Heights has lots of good casual fare, but as far as fine chow goes, I think Shade is a big asset to the community.

Same for Harold's in the Heights. These establishments, if located in Rice Village, would not stick out as much, but because they are north of I-10, they are more noticeable in their "upscale-ness".

I agree on the creeks. Dry is fine overall. Onion has decent food but gets way too crowded at times. I think it could make much more money if it simply put two waiters on the patio. I could not carve through more than 3 beers at Onion if I tried. Lines are long, and life is too short.

I'm okay with OC and DC, haven't made over to the third one yet. If i couldn't walk to OC I don't think i'd go there nearly as much.

Decapos is really good. I love their pea salad and carrot soufle. I bought an apple pie from them for christmas and everyone loved it.

I would say gas is rather expensive in the heights (sometimes the valero on studewood has a good price, but will not go under 1.49 for some reason)

Actually, come to think of i haven't really been anywhere in the Heights i thought was absurdly expensive for what you get (still many places left to visit though). South of I-10.... different story.

just to throw it out there.... I like King Biscuit for value.

The Texaco on North Loop between Nicholson and Ashland is typically cheaper than the Valeros. Don't trust the sign, it's the cash or Texaco card price, but even adding the extra few cents they stay low. I think I'm putting this in the wrong thread. Just responding to the previous post about no cheap gas here.

• The title was changed to Most Overpriced Business In The Heights