Exurban Growth

Aldine

On a recent trip to Austin, I noticed that some cheap looking suburban houses were going up in Hockley past Bauer Rd. (Cy-Fair ISD boundary line). It interested me to know that people are going to be moving out here and further into the Hockley/Waller area, and past Cy-Fair ISD, into Waller ISD. When the Cy-Fair area is built out, I'm wondering if Hockley and Waller are going to be the next big booming areas. They are so far away from downtown (Hockley- 36 miles; Waller- 41 miles)...

What business district is there along 290? The only one I can think of is way down by 610. At least with development in Katy, you have the Energy Corridor which supplies a lot of the jobs.

What business district is there along 290? The only one I can think of is way down by 610. At least with development in Katy, you have the Energy Corridor which supplies a lot of the jobs.

290 is developing very quickly between HWY 6 and Barker-Cypress expanding westward as well as between 290-249 eastward. i see significant growth in that area in the next 5 years. A real-estate agent friend of mine predicts another 20k people moving into that area by 2011 AND, the new Hemstead tollway is on the drawing table to run parallel to 290 which is slated to begin expansion in the 2nd quarter of 2010. Plus, talk of a new theme park could be located in and around this area.

B) m.

Archived