For Sale: Louis Vuitton iPhone Case

editor

My wife used her Christmas bonus to upgrade to the iPhone 3G which doesn't fit in her old iPhone Louis case.

gallery_1_65_37175.jpg

Auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320327836941

Description:

This is an auction for a very rare Louis Vuitton iPhone case. When these first came out there were massive waiting lists for them. My wife was fortunate enough to get on the list early so she was able to get this at the Louis Vuitton store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Availability since that first batch were produced has been spotty at best. We've never seen anyone else with one.

The phone case comes with all of the original packaging -- a sturdy box that opens like a drawer with a little fabric pull tab, and a cloth pouch with Louis Vuitton written on it.

The case itself is impressively sturdy. When she first got it, I thought it was a waste of money. But once I got to examine it, I can see the value. It's really durable, and holds the phone snugly. The inside is lined with some kind of soft fabric, and the outside is the traditional Louis Vuitton pattern on a stiff shell.

Please note that this is for the original iPhone, not the iPhone 3G. That's the reason my wife has to part with it -- it doesn't fit the iPhone 3G she just upgraded to.

Payment via PayPal is expected within three days of winning this auction. Shipping is to the United States only. Shipping is via FedEx Home Delivery for a flat rate of $15 and includes insurance. For your protection and mine, a direct signature is required, so be prepared to supply a work address if you can't be home when it's delivered.

I know you said it in the first sentence, but I still have to ask: this won't fit the new iPhones? Is it because the new ones are too thin and slide right back out?

It's because the iPhone 3G is slightly wider than the original iPhone. The case is a tough shell and does not flex enough to accommodate the new iPhone.

Archived