Buzzards

RWReagen

I have seen the large flock of buzzards that are almost a permanent fixture of the low rises towers on the south side of I10 between Dairy Ashford and Highway 6 for years. At times when there are lots of them it looks a bit creepy to see them flying around those building. I always wondered what the reason was why they hang out there. Are those buildings built on an old ancient buzzard burial ground? Are they all male buzzards circling the roof tops to check out female buzzards that are sunbathing? Is someone up on the roof feeding them throwing them mice instead of bread crumbs? Seriously, are they a nuisance to the buildings and folks who walk around and work over there? Or do they just come and go and not bother anything?

I have seen the large flock of buzzards that are almost a permanent fixture of the low rises towers on the south side of I10 between Dairy Ashford and Highway 6 for years. At times when there are lots of them it looks a bit creepy to see them flying around those building. I always wondered what the reason was why they hang out there. Are those buildings built on an old ancient buzzard burial ground? Are they all male buzzards circling the roof tops to check out female buzzards that are sunbathing? Is someone up on the roof feeding them throwing them mice instead of bread crumbs? Seriously, are they a nuisance to the buildings and folks who walk around and work over there? Or do they just come and go and not bother anything?

maybe Brewster Rooster is laying there faking he is dead

old joke :D:lol:B)

No Reagan, it is actually a sanctuary for them over there. There is upwards of 60 at any given time there. When you don't see them in the air, they are walking around on the ground s by the building. There is a whole manmade lake with ducks and fish, very tranquil until you look over and some buzzard is eyeing the bread you brought to feed the ducks.

Actually, I think they're there to eat the baby ducks

Must be something else, then. Buzzards in North America don't eat live prey. European/Asian buzzards do. Also known as the "Common buzzard."

Maybe you're thinking about vultures.

The buzzards are eating some type of construction material on the building. I can't remember exactly what it is, but maybe the caulking. It has been a problem for years. They are a huge nuisance and health risk, but the "tree hugger" bunch have made sure that they are allowed to survive and flourish.

Archived