What's the deal with Live Oak Lofts

stirach

In reality, there is only one unit left for sale (#105). That one could actually be gone too as I haven't inquired about it in a while.

#122 was a short sale that's now been foreclosed on. The agent on that one is too lazy or incompetent to pull the listing.

#119 had an offer accepted on Friday.

Some units are still allowing financing but cash offers are obviously very attractive right now.

Hello there...

How is the property tax situation for live oak lofts...have many tenants contested the high appraisal rates? Was it more difficult to prove the actual value based on the comparables seeing as thought they were all foreclosed? Units selling for 115K are still appraised at 275K..I couldn't imagine paying 6K in taxes?

In reality, there is only one unit left for sale (#105). That one could actually be gone too as I haven't inquired about it in a while.

#122 was a short sale that's now been foreclosed on. The agent on that one is too lazy or incompetent to pull the listing.

#119 had an offer accepted on Friday.

Some units are still allowing financing but cash offers are obviously very attractive right now.

Hi all - My partner and I are closing on one of the units in Live Oak right now. Financing took us 20 minutes. Lenders are still lending, and deals like this don't come along often.

Question to any Live Oak Residents - what type of coverage do you have on your insurance? Just personal property, loss of use and a bit of water damage coverage? Our agent came back with this 70K for "additions and alterations" but from my understanding, that's coverage for what OWNER's put into a property, as if I'll be doing 70K construction work in a 1400 sq ft place. Any advice on insurance?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all - My partner and I are closing on one of the units in Live Oak right now. Financing took us 20 minutes. Lenders are still lending, and deals like this don't come along often.

Question to any Live Oak Residents - what type of coverage do you have on your insurance? Just personal property, loss of use and a bit of water damage coverage? Our agent came back with this 70K for "additions and alterations" but from my understanding, that's coverage for what OWNER's put into a property, as if I'll be doing 70K construction work in a 1400 sq ft place. Any advice on insurance?

I have only coverage for my contents. The structural insurance is covered by your HOA fees.

You might post your question to the resident forums on the website ( http://liveoaklofts.squarespace.com ) and get a feel for what the rest of your neighbors have.