Falcon Rock HOA Reorganization

falconrock1

I have heard that the HOA for Falcon Rock is being taken over and the management company that manages Falcon Pointe will be the one. I heard that even though it is the same mgmt company, the two will be considered as separate HOAs still. My question is does anyone know anything on this and what is the status of HOA funds, are there any proposed goals for the new one ? Any scheduled HOA meeting dates ?

I have heard that the HOA for Falcon Rock is being taken over and the management company that manages Falcon Pointe will be the one. I heard that even though it is the same mgmt company, the two will be considered as separate HOAs still. My question is does anyone know anything on this and what is the status of HOA funds, are there any proposed goals for the new one ? Any scheduled HOA meeting dates ?

Well there's one thing that is certain. The HOA dues at FALCON RANCH have increased 10%! We used to pay $540 per year, now its $594! Has anyone else had their HOA's increased?

Well there's one thing that is certain. The HOA dues at FALCON RANCH have increased 10%! We used to pay $540 per year, now its $594! Has anyone else had their HOA's increased?

Well I live in Seven Meadows and our HOA went up from $740 to $825...

Well I live in Seven Meadows and our HOA went up from $740 to $825...

Well...as far as I know (heard) .... the Falcon Rock HOA is under major reconstruction and I would hope they don't try to raise the annual fees since there is nothing they can use that $$$ on. We have no common areas, no pool, no park, etc. The only thing we have is the entrance sign.

Additionally, I am really tired of seeing the unbuilt lots of Dakota Blue (1 of the 2 developers at Falcon Rock) with weeds and only maintained every few months yet no one tells them anything.

Well...as far as I know (heard) .... the Falcon Rock HOA is under major reconstruction and I would hope they don't try to raise the annual fees since there is nothing they can use that $$$ on. We have no common areas, no pool, no park, etc. The only thing we have is the entrance sign.

Additionally, I am really tired of seeing the unbuilt lots of Dakota Blue (1 of the 2 developers at Falcon Rock) with weeds and only maintained every few months yet no one tells them anything.

By the way, does anyone have any comments on HOAs with regards to having a management company run it or if it should be the community members ? It seems that with smaller communities such as Falcon Rock ... all the HOA dues will just be enough to pay the management company. Does anyone out there have a succesful HOA that isnot run by a management company ?

Number one, Falcon Rock HOA was just recently taken over by the resident's...it was originally being handled by Dakota Blue...there is a BOD in place that was voted on back in June (IIRC)...you should have recieved notice of the meetings and such if you lived there at that time...As for a mgmt company, what they do is make drive throughs to make sure you are in compliance with the overall asthetics and such...and they do get a fee to do this...basically it is to take the BOD out of the loop as far as enforcement of any infractions so it's not neighbor against neighbor....and yes, you are correct, there are really no common areas or pool or anything like that to raise our fees...I would contact the president and each BOD member and ask to see the financials and such...they should be able to provide that pretty easily...if not, then keep pushing them...squeaky wheel....number 2...if the lots are overgrown, contact Dakota Blue and let them know you are tired of the overgrown lots...also let the BOD of the HOA know as well...if anything, the HOA can have the lawn maintenance company mow them and then charge it though to Dakota Blue and ultimately place a lean on the property to get reimbursed at a later date...keep on your HOA...and more importantly, talk to your neighbors to get their feedback as well as to know your neighbors...

Grand Lakes History:

$865

$995

$1060

$1090 this year.

There are only 3,000 households in Grand Lakes. They tell us that compared to Cinco Ranch we have way more amenities per household. Cinco has something like 10,000 houses.

Falcon Rock has about 160 homes and HOA dues of $360/each ... estimating a total of HOA dues at around $55K to $60K annually. There is only one common area in the whole community which is the entrance sign which consists of lighting, shrubs, and flowers. Where's the $$$ ???? (no accusations here I'm sure it's safe) but if it is in a bank account somewhere will it be consumed by a new HOA mgmt company that will only serve to irritate residents and possibly foreclose on homes (as if the whole credit crunch was not enough)? Hey for $60K .... I would gladly drive around the community 4-5 times a week and give out notices.

Don't get me wrong but I think HOAs are important but these must be always be in check by residents to ensure that funds are managed with the best utility and to build community ammenities (resulting in increased home values) not just let money sit in bank accounts that earn next to nothing in interest with today's rates. Just because this mgmt company is also Falcon Point's does not mean anything .... Falcon Rock was not built with common areas which maybe a major point in having them at Falcon Point but for keeping track of grass height, etc. I am not sure if the cost of this mgmt company may be worth it. I moved here expecting the HOA to add value and that is what I hope will happen once it is completely re-organized and ready for action (possibly adding constable service, maybe convert to a gated community, etc).

Sure - some of that goes to your management company. I think having a company / HOA raises property values - I would be leery of any neighborhood that didn't have some sort of formal, structured program set up. A lot of that money probably also goes to utilities (street lights), insurance, taxes, etc. There are no parks, play areas, anything like that requiring maintenance?

Sure - some of that goes to your management company. I think having a company / HOA raises property values - I would be leery of any neighborhood that didn't have some sort of formal, structured program set up. A lot of that money probably also goes to utilities (street lights), insurance, taxes, etc. There are no parks, play areas, anything like that requiring maintenance?

We have no common areas except for the sign located at the entrance to the subdivision. I understand the mgmt company must get paid for their work but I'm not sure if we overdid it since the subdivision is so small and has basically no amenities. I just hope there is some $$$ left to maybe hire a constable or at least add something to the community besides the basic duties that the HOA mgmt company will execute.

BTW, Anyone know what Falcon Parks is going to be ? I just saw the sign in front of the construction site on Katy Ft. Bent Road (near the Grandparkway 99). Looks like apartments but not sure. I've googled it and didn't find anything.

Falcon Rock has about 160 homes and HOA dues of $360/each ... estimating a total of HOA dues at around $55K to $60K annually. There is only one common area in the whole community which is the entrance sign which consists of lighting, shrubs, and flowers. Where's the $$$ ???? (no accusations here I'm sure it's safe) but if it is in a bank account somewhere will it be consumed by a new HOA mgmt company that will only serve to irritate residents and possibly foreclose on homes (as if the whole credit crunch was not enough)? Hey for $60K .... I would gladly drive around the community 4-5 times a week and give out notices.

Don't get me wrong but I think HOAs are important but these must be always be in check by residents to ensure that funds are managed with the best utility and to build community ammenities (resulting in increased home values) not just let money sit in bank accounts that earn next to nothing in interest with today's rates. Just because this mgmt company is also Falcon Point's does not mean anything .... Falcon Rock was not built with common areas which maybe a major point in having them at Falcon Point but for keeping track of grass height, etc. I am not sure if the cost of this mgmt company may be worth it. I moved here expecting the HOA to add value and that is what I hope will happen once it is completely re-organized and ready for action (possibly adding constable service, maybe convert to a gated community, etc).

When Falcon Rock was built (I was the first house done)the HOA dues were $360. This was because at the time there was a plan in place to be included in Falcon Points HOA which meant that every household was going to pay $200 of that to Falcon Point to be able to use the amenities there and the remaining would stay here in Falcon Rock. This plan never went thru because Falcon Point at that time did not want us to join their HOA. It was after that that they tried to get us in with Grand Harbor to use their amenities but they really didn't have much more than us except for the Park and the walking trails, no pool so that deal fell thru.

Fast forward to 2007 when the dues went to $200/year since there was no hope of us getting into another HOA to have the amenities.

I just got my statement today and the dues have gone up by $50 and the Management Company has changed. I was not told about this increase by mail or any other way...I have not heard about any meetings being had until after the fact and was not given any type of letter mailed at all. It seems that a select few know about the meetings and get notices.

I have seen the HOA President drive thru the neighborhood one time since he was elected. Still the problems exist.

All I can say is, when it is time to re-elect the president, don't re-elect him, make a better choiced. It is high time something is done in this neighborhood to clean it back up to what it was in the beginning, I remember those days...

It's like CandW said in their post...Ask questions and complain...

• 2 months later...

What a disappointment !!!! This new HOA seemed eager to do something yet they are all talk and no action (not even a newsletter). They were good at billing the 2009 dues yet they have not even setup a meeting which was said to be in January. Don't get me wrong, Falcon Rock is a good neighborhood but the HOA is definitely a joke :lol: . I just hope they're not related to Madoff and living the good life with our money. First election there is (if any... seems like a copy cat of Hugo Chavez) ... I vote they all get off the board and start a stamp collection club or something else. It was suggested to have a constable to drive around at random times in order to give more security and they threw the idea out .... just goes to show they're probably retired and at home all day and so they don't need anyone to check on their home while we're out working.

Here's an applause to the Falcon Rock HOA !!!!! :angry: If you don't have time to fulfill the duties you volunteered for .... give the position to someone that wants to and WILL !!!!

• The title was changed to Falcon Rock HOA Reorganization

Archived