For Sale: SonyEricsson M600i tri-band/world 3G cell phone

editor

I'm offering this for sale here for a week, and if there are no takers, I'll post it on eBay.

gallery_1_65_53345.jpg

This is a SonyEricsson M600i cell phone. It's one of Sony's business class cell phones, so it has a QUERTY keyboard, world coverage, runs mobile Word and Excel, and very important for people who work in secure situations -- no camera.

The basics:

GSM: 900/800/1900 MHz (works pretty much anywhere in the world except Japan)

3G: UMTS 2100 MHz (works in Japan and everywhere else in the world with 2100MHz 3G coverage)

The keyboard is backlit and really nice to use.

Plays MP3's and videos with the built-in software.

Has 80 megs of internal memory, expandable with a MemoryStick Micro (M2) card to 1, 2, 4, or 8GB

The phone comes loaded with business applications like a PDF reader, e-mail, calendar, tasks list, and QuickOffice (Word and Excel).

Multimedia applications include video player, photo player, and even a RealPlayer application I used to use to listen to BBC World Service when I was on my way home from work.

There's a web browser, an RSS reader, and lots of other internet applications.

This was a great phone, and I really liked it. I used the GSM functions in the United States, Canada, England, France, and Belgium. The 3G rocks and I used it in France, Belgium, Singapore, and Japan.

The only reason I'm getting rid of this is because it doesn't sync with Mac, so I moved to the iPhone last fall. I kept the phone around for the occasional trip to Japan, but now I really need the money.

I paid $470 for it at a phone store in Singapore. Now I'm asking $100.

I'm throwing in a couple of extras: A 64MB Memory Stick Micro for you to store your files on, and a Prada cell phone strap. The strap is a little worn, but it's real -- I bought it at the Prada store in Ginza, Tokyo.

For complete specifications, see this page at GSM Arena.

Any questions, please ask.

gallery_1_65_90070.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived