landscape designer referral?

Our little yard needs a little zip. Can anyone recommend a landscape designer/installer who does a good job? Ideally it would also be someone who wouldn't mind a small job and doesn't charge a lot of money.

I live in town so someone who works in the inner loop neighborhoods would be best.

I wanted to do something similar for my typical-Heights-bungalow yard a number of years ago. I didn't have a particular price limit in mind, but also didn't need a full yard overhaul. I found it hard to find anyone interested, and the inner-loop company I did find contracted out the landscaping plan to someone different than the person I'd met with about what I wanted; and then the landscape planner or artist or whatever came up with something that was not just not along the lines of what I'd said I wanted, but also revealed no familiarity with a typical Heights yard. I paid for the plan, but gave up on the rest.

I don't want to discourage you - I've been thinking about trying again myself, and so hope some people post suggestions. Just thought my experience might be helpful in terms of lessons learned. This time around, I think I'd try to find 2 or 3 smaller companies - maybe even individuals - that advertised and worked in the Heights, and try to meet with each of them before picking one.

he is a ways away from you, but if he is not interested this person can surely give you the name of someone who is

Peter Loos

http://www.ecovirons.com/about.htm

it has been a while since I have known him, but I am sure with a hand drawn map of the property and some pics of it emailed to him he can probably do the design and tell you where to get the plants if he does not want to come or send someone himself to do it

I used Perez Landscaping on 34th street in June for a major landscape re-do at my Oak Forest ranch home. By that, I mean that my entire front yard was taken down to just dirt and and completely redone - new sod, build new beds, new plants. He was FAR cheaper than the other 2 estimates I got. I thought he did a good job.

However, be forwarned, they are not the best about calling back or showing up on time or at all for an appointment. But, for the job that they did and the price they charged, I think I received a good value.

Their website is here

I used Perez Landscaping on 34th street in June for a major landscape re-do at my Oak Forest ranch home. By that, I mean that my entire front yard was taken down to just dirt and and completely redone - new sod, build new beds, new plants. He was FAR cheaper than the other 2 estimates I got. I thought he did a good job.

However, be forwarned, they are not the best about calling back or showing up on time or at all for an appointment. But, for the job that they did and the price they charged, I think I received a good value.

Their website is here

How about some pics of what they did for you?

Thanks!

flipper

Archived