A Strange Sight Off Of Hempstead Highway

IronTiger

I love Houston, and every few months I take an excursion down there for various reasons. Since I live in College Station, we take Hwy. 6 which becomes Hempstead Highway in Houston. Now, somewhere outside the first highway loop, there's a strange warehouse on the other side of the railroad which has all sorts of junk...including a McDonald's sign, just laying with miscellaneous other signs and stuff...I don't know what it is, or even where it is, I think around here is it:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=29....mp;t=h&z=16

...but since I'm relying on my memory, I can't quite remember exactly where it might be. Has anyone else seen this bizarre junk? Am I just insane?? Help!

All right! I'm not insane after all! I did wish getting the McDonald's sign and cleaning it up, then sadly realizing that I probably couldn't mount it on my bedroom wall because it's too big...and it might violate a few sign ordinances/trademark laws if I built a post for it in my front yard, too.

not sure where I heard this, but for some strange reason I believe signs are actually the property of the sign company....I may be wrong about this....even signs with trademarked brands

and I know that EVERY major sign company I have ever passed has old signs sitting around it even for companies out of business or companies that have changed designs 3 times since then...but there they sit.....not sure what they think they will do with them, but they have them

wish I could get a jack-in-the-box clown head.....should have stolen one when I had the chance :mellow:

• The title was changed to A Strange Sight Off Of Hempstead Highway

Archived