Insurance doesn't cover it

linyer

A friend of mine called and said her insurance adjuster came to her home that had roof damage and leaks from IKE. Lives in the Bay Area. He declared the damage will not be covered because it will be considered windstorm damage. Wonder if this will be the norm when adjusters visit damaged homes. Is this how the insurance companies will try to get out of fixing the damages.

I did visit State Rep. Eiland's office in Austin yesterday and was told to call the Insurance Commission if one feels they are not being treated properly by their insurance company. I believe many people will have to fight to get repairs done if this will be a pattern.

Linyer, your friend obviously has flood insurance only and not windstorm. I am sure the room with the roof damage got saoked but it isn't flooded unfortunately under the insurance terms and conditions. Tell your friend to apply for FEMA and she might be ok.

Linyer, your friend obviously has flood insurance only and not windstorm. I am sure the room with the roof damage got saoked but it isn't flooded unfortunately under the insurance terms and conditions. Tell your friend to apply for FEMA and she might be ok.

Thanks so much.