Boutique Apartments Inside The Loop

AFB

Hi friends -

I am a single woman who will be moving back to Houston in a few months. I am not in a position to purchase a house at this time, but would like to live in an apartment with some character and charm. I would like to live in the Heights, Montrose or Upper Kirby areas. Any suggestions on places to look?

*Complexes with websites are appreciated due to the fact that I'm searching from Austin.

**I have a friend who lives in some charming places on Norfolk, but I can't seem to locate any info online about those.

I appreciate any suggestions and hope that everyone is recovering well from Ike.

Many thanks!

Typically, Craiglist is the best place to look for those types of places. Most arent listed by a realtor. Sadly for you, driving around and looking for "for rent" signs is the best way to do it.

If she's anything like me, she doesn't have time to drive around. I went with a locator service I found online. I faxed a sheet with a bunch of boxes checked indicating the things that were important to me. A woman from the service met me at the airport and spent most of the day driving me from place to place. I think we went to six or eight different places (they get paid based on the number of places they show).

It's been about seven years since I did that, so I don't remember the name of the service, but I'm sure some HAIFers will know of some.

Hi friends -

I am a single woman who will be moving back to Houston in a few months. I am not in a position to purchase a house at this time, but would like to live in an apartment with some character and charm. I would like to live in the Heights, Montrose or Upper Kirby areas. Any suggestions on places to look?

*Complexes with websites are appreciated due to the fact that I'm searching from Austin.

**I have a friend who lives in some charming places on Norfolk, but I can't seem to locate any info online about those.

I appreciate any suggestions and hope that everyone is recovering well from Ike.

Many thanks!

I can probably help you out if you specify a couple of examples of what you like. Off the top of my head, I would suggest that you look at Museum Tower, Gables Upper Kirby, 230 W. Alabama, or in a leased condominium. It gets much more difficult if you had smaller complexes in mind. At that point it really does come down to Craig's List and driving around. My experience has been that apartment locators are hit-and-miss.

Edited by TheNiche

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Boutique Apartments Inside The Loop