Development Next To Kids R Kids

katyresident

I have been waiting to see if anybody replied to this that could add something meaningful to the conversation. Since there haven't been any takers I'll post my .02. I looked on the Cinco Ranch website and there isn't anything on there about it. The padsite is small so I can't imagine it's the standard nail salon, donut shop, dry cleaner. I would think it's one business. That being said I wonder if they're keeping it off the website because they don't want the uproar they received when Landmark put their gas station across the street from that very site. I live in Logan Hollow, just down the street from the gas station, and there were people from the neighborhood circulating petitions to block the store. I imagine the HOA caught a lot of flak about that, probably a lot more than just a few people posting their anger on cincoranchconnects.

You won't see anything on Cinco's website till there's a tenant, it's been approved by the county and ground has broken. I would assume that at this point they are looking for a tenant. Signs were up for proposed retail at the gas station site at least a year before construction started.

A pediatrician's office would make sense there, with the daycare and school nearby. I was thinking a vet's office would do well there also. There isn't one that I am aware of on this side of 99 in Cinco.

So, Yat Man, what part of N.O. are you from?

cla,

They started pushing dirt and there are surveying posts scattered over the lot as well as an address posted so I bet everthing is in place.

Jeez, I guess I missed that, and I'm sure I've passed that way recently - but now that you mention the address, I do remember seeing that -25900 or something similar. But I don't find myself driving down Cinco Ranch Blvd as much as I used to - I'm either heading down Gaston to Fry or 1093, or I exit out the back end of the neighborhood to Greenbusch. I can't wait till they extend Falcon Landing Rd westward (in a year or so).

But even that's not enough to get it to the Cinco website. Ground was broken on the Timewise store/gas station long before it officialy made it to the list of Cinco commercial developments underway.

Okay - I checked out the fbcad.org website and that piece of property is owned by Nickles Professional Plaza, LLC. I didn't readily find any info about NPP, but I do think that I have seen these initials before on Cinco property. Does this bit of info give anyone a clue as to what may be going up here?

I grew up in the upper 9th ward. About 4 blocks from where the levees were being overtopped on the national news the other day. I went to school in the lower 9th ward and I've been in Houston since 96. I was a refugee of the NO economy.

I grew up in the upper 9th ward. About 4 blocks from where the levees were being overtopped on the national news the other day. I went to school in the lower 9th ward and I've been in Houston since 96. I was a refugee of the NO economy.

no economy is right :-). I came here from the west bank after Katrina. My daughter didn't want to go back. After living here a while I didn't either. Best move we ever made - although we both miss the flavor of N.O. sometimes, and not just the food. :-)

Hey Cla,

My wife is from Gretna. My mother and father in law both came here during Gustav and my brothers in law from Gretna and Harvey went to Jackson and Baton Rouge respectively. We miss N.O. terribly but my kids were all born in Texas but they're Saints fans for better or worse. I always think of going back but that won't happen until the kids are out of college and probably when I retire. The longer you're away the worse you miss it but you know that the greater Houston area has so many more opportunities. Now that we've hijacked this thread where did you go to school? I'm 2nd generation Holy Cross.

Okay - I checked out the fbcad.org website and that piece of property is owned by Nickles Professional Plaza, LLC. I didn't readily find any info about NPP, but I do think that I have seen these initials before on Cinco property. Does this bit of info give anyone a clue as to what may be going up here?

There is dentist named Joel Nickles over around Westheimer @ Highway 6. Maybe it's a new dentist office - would be about the right sized lot.

Hey Cla,

My wife is from Gretna. My mother and father in law both came here during Gustav and my brothers in law from Gretna and Harvey went to Jackson and Baton Rouge respectively. We miss N.O. terribly but my kids were all born in Texas but they're Saints fans for better or worse. I always think of going back but that won't happen until the kids are out of college and probably when I retire. The longer you're away the worse you miss it but you know that the greater Houston area has so many more opportunities. Now that we've hijacked this thread where did you go to school? I'm 2nd generation Holy Cross.

Born in Marrero, I spent the last 10 years there living in Gretna (700 Block of Newton and then in Garden Park). Went to Blenk - class of '80 (ouch). My daughter thinks Katy is too homogenous, no character in its construction. And for a teenager, Katy IS boring :-).

My mom left for Marrero yesterday - she had power and was anxious to get back - she only had a 7 hour drive, compared with the 13 hours it took her to get here Saturday.

The two places I miss most - Ruby Red's and China Doll.

Ohhh China Doll !!

I remember that resturant from years ago. My aunt lived in Westwego for years before moving to Plaquemine and I used to spend a lot of time there when I was younger. We used to go eat at the China Doll and help her make groceries at Schwegmanns (Probably spelled wrong).

Still catch myself singing that danged song with the little girl dancing or the seafood guy Al something.

Rosenburg, Rosenburg - 1824 Tulane (Memory ain't so great anymore but something like that).

B

Still catch myself singing that danged song with the little girl dancing or the seafood guy Al something.

Rosenburg, Rosenburg - 1824 Tulane (Memory ain't so great anymore but something like that).

B

I was wondering about that Mr. B handle should have known. The Al you're referring to is Al Scramuza of Seafood City. Cue the soul beat and rythym section "Seafood city very pretty Down on Broad and St. Bernard. Stay wit Al Scramuza and you'll never be a loser. 1826 North Broad." We're going to have to start a New Orleans thread or gather at the New Orleans section of this board.

Cla, don't feel bad I graduated in 83 and my wife graduated Blenk in 85

I was wondering about that Mr. B handle should have known. The Al you're referring to is Al Scramuza of Seafood City. Cue the soul beat and rythym section "Seafood city very pretty Down on Broad and St. Bernard. Stay wit Al Scramuza and you'll never be a loser. 1826 North Broad." We're going to have to start a New Orleans thread or gather at the New Orleans section of this board.

Al Scramuzza's Seafood City, Rosenburg Furniture's "1825 Tulane" jingle and Frankie and Johnnie's "special man" commercials - all very memorable. Jeez, now I'm feeling all nostalgic, and really missing China Doll's lo mein.

Blenk - small world - one more year and I would have known your wife.

For nostalgia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAGJ-3uzkms...feature=related

http://www.walkerpub.com/radio_directory.html

ttp://www.bennygrunch.com/1825_tulane.html

Not from New Orleans area but from Donaldsonville. Spent a lot of time down in the area when I was younger and in later years before moving to Katy. Man I would so love to move back down to South Louisiana but everytime I go back down to my hometown I just shake my head and sigh at what it has turned into. I remember watching Morgus all the time. I think that is where I got my love of scifi.

Someone said Katy and this area is very homogenous compared to South La. they got that one right.

B

Someone said Katy and this area is very homogenous compared to South La. they got that one right.

Yes, I roll my eyes every time someone complains about the way the HEB on Fry and 99 looks. Jeez, so what it looks different than every other block around it. I still think the whole area looks nice. Clean, no graffiti. And it looks different. That gives a thumbs up from me. I remember when we first moved here, every block looked the same as the last. I can finally spot the nuances, but believe me, they are very slight :-).

But you are right. I have gone home missing it, but can't wait to get back. :-(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived