HAIF PotD: Of Vultures and Ducks

editor

I tell you, there was nothing creepier than going to feed the sweet little ducks one weekend and finding VULTURES in their place. Yikes.

Granted, the vultures don't do anything except sit there and stare you down. They don't try to eat the duck food or bread, which makes sense (as they're carnivorous). And they don't seem to bother the neighboring ducks. It's just exceptionally creepy that a very large, very prominent venue of vultures is living on the BP America campus. :lol:

...and, yes, a group of vultures is called a "venue." Don't ask me why.

Is them there buzzards? Lord, those are ugly, scary birds.

My bird story - 4th of July at a neighborhood parade ceremony on Lake Livingston. Two cub scouts were raising the flag as we were singing the Star Spangled Banner. We looked up at the flag and there were two bald eagle flying above. I kid you not! I didn't realize that we had them this far south. Apparently, we do. They had been spotted previously by those living in the area. What timing? I felt so patriotic.

I tell you, there was nothing creepier than going to feed the sweet little ducks one weekend and finding VULTURES in their place. Yikes.

Granted, the vultures don't do anything except sit there and stare you down. They don't try to eat the duck food or bread, which makes sense (as they're carnivorous). And they don't seem to bother the neighboring ducks. It's just exceptionally creepy that a very large, very prominent venue of vultures is living on the BP America campus. :lol:

...and, yes, a group of vultures is called a "venue." Don't ask me why.

There were quite a few of them on the Compaq Campus as well. I went to visit a friend during lunch and I was feeling a little unwell (read: Hungover) so we just sat in a secluded corner to lay down. I was praying for death when I spotted a vulture eying me as a potential future snack. I quickly changed my mind. :)

Archived