"chasing Farrah" In Houston

"Chasing Farrah" - the new Farrah Fawcett reality show debuting on TV Land this Wednesday.

"I was also given the chance to go to Houston and include my parents who were 91 and 87. And so to have them be in the show and also for people to see me interact with them, they will then figure out or realize why I'm the way I am because of the way they are," she says.

Full article below.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/tv_and_radio/a...3626113,00.html

Fawcett's life is tailor-made for this reality show

By LUAINE LEE

March 15, 2005

If you were creating a soap opera you couldn't do better than to clone Farrah Fawcett's life. A broken marriage with actor Lee Majors was followed by a long and occasionally stormy relationship with actor Ryan O'Neal. They have a son, Redmond, 19.

One of Fawcett's ex-boyfriends was convicted of slamming her head to the ground during an argument, and she created a puzzling impression on the "The David Letterman Show," later choosing to bare her assets on the pay-TV appearance, "All of Me."

Though she may occasionally ricochet into the unexpected, Fawcett has never quite buckled under the weight of superstardom. But now she's willing to reveal what it's like to bear that burden.

In "Chasing Farrah," premiering on TV Land March 23, the camera will follow her every step, eavesdropping as she shops, struggles, schmoozes and glitters.

"It just happened in one of those serendipitous moments, she says. "They said, 'Well, we'll just follow you around with a camera.' And I went, 'Oh, that's real interesting.' But since people seem to be interested . . . maybe they're watching for me to slip or fall and that's normal. . . . but, what we really all did was go with the flow. The director says that in this show, there's only one thing for certain, is that there is nothing for certain.You never knew what was going to happen. Either the real paparazzi came in, or a strange fan or we lost each other."

Fawcett has been asked often to do a reality show, she says, but,"This one just had something about it. . .It just was going to evolve and happen and I thought, 'That's good because . . . it will either dispel (the public's) misconceptions or it will validate their perceptions. "

Fawcett, 58, says she's just the girl-next-door who finds her privacy invaded at every turn.

"Even when I try to live my normal life, I'm never alone," she says. "So why not have these people follow me because people follow me anyway?

Fawcett says she isn't partial to reality shows.

"I saw the ones where they have to eat bugs and do something like that, but I haven't seen 'The Newlyweds' or 'The Apprentice.' I don't even know what the formula is," she says. . ."I tend to watch shows like 'Reno 911' on Comedy Central, so I can tell you what Anna Nicole's show is like only because I get it from Comedy Central."

O'Neal, who was her lover for 17 years, plays a prominent part in the show, but Fawcett is mum about the outcome.

"I was also given the chance to go to Houston and include my parents who were 91 and 87. And so to have them be in the show and also for people to see me interact with them, they will then figure out or realize why I'm the way I am because of the way they are," she says.

Fawcett has been a media magnet since she teasingly posed in a skimpy red bathing suit for a poster in 1976 that went on to sell 8 million copies. But she hasn't gotten used to it.

"I don't think anything in a celebrity's or an actor's life prepares you for what comes along with fame and how people say things to you that you really don't know how to respond to," she says.

Archived