OKC Devon Energy Tower

http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral for renderings and information. The building was unveiled and approved this morning for a site that will try to embrace the downtown activity corridor and Myriad Gardens - not just rhetorically, but with public indoor facilities in a 400Ksf base.

You gotta be kidding me... LOL, didn't go for the tallest building in the state__________ Should be a great addition, but man will it stick out! 20th tallest building in the U.S. in OKC?? The next tallest building there is 36 stories. Anyway, I wonder when groundbreaking will be

It's actually the 26th tallest if you count buildings under construction now.

I chose to ignore that fact, lol

The bigger question is whether this thing will actually get built - hopefully oil will stay up for a while. Nice to see an OK company actually staying there instead of moving down here for once

OKC vacancy will take a huge hit. Five buildings are being emptied out in Downtown because of this. And why no renderings?

presskit_06_skyline.jpg

presskit_02_rotundaentrance.jpg

presskit_05_insiderotunda.jpg

presskit_03_generallayout.jpg

presskit_01_rotundaentrances.jpg

Downtown Skyline

a49...06_skyline.jpg

devon_8-20_2008_01s.jpg

Interior Lobby

presskit_07_interiorlobby.jpg

Dining Court

presskit_08_diningcourts.jpg

Park at Southwest Corner

presskit_09_southwestcornerparks.jpg

Site Designs

lots of water integrated

presskit_10_siteplanbuildingview.jpg

Cross-section view

presskit_11_towrcrosssection.jpg

South Elevation

presskit_11_towrcrosssections.jpg

Nice to see an OK company actually staying there instead of moving down here for once

Technically, they're already here and even had the building renamed. There's also been a fair amount of discussion of them leasing out space in Five, even after the OKC tower was pitched.

I like the OKC project though. If it gets built, I'd definitely have an excuse to see certain relatives more...

Technically, they're already here and even had the building renamed. There's also been a fair amount of discussion of them leasing out space in Five, even after the OKC tower was pitched.

I like the OKC project though. If it gets built, I'd definitely have an excuse to see certain relatives more...

I actually do some work with them here - it's just nice to see an energy company maintain it's HQ there. I haven't spent much time in OKC since I was a kid but was there back in May for a wedding and was in downtown for several days. I think Bricktown is overrated...however, they're definitely doing something right in the downtown area. It'll be interesting to see the "core to shore" deal come to life

Archived