HAIF PotD: Federal Reservations

editor

2516633616_7250b16bf9.jpg

Federal Reserve at Night, originally uploaded by nip2655.
What happened to all that money spend on McMansions in Houston? I guess it ended up in this McBank. The design screams 90's, but is probably better than the hospital it replaced. How many people remember the old Jefferson Davis Hospital that was here? For decades it was a hangout for smack addicts and suburban thrill-seekers before being imploded. Now the city that used to have TWO Jefferson Davis Hospitals now has none.

Thanks to nip2655 for the photo from the HAIF Flickr group.

We still have the original. It's just been renovated and turned into apartments and artists' studios.

Do you believe in ghosts? I would be a little freaked out, living in a place with that history.

Of course, I would also be disturbed about the bad juju in the federal reserve bank.

Do you believe in ghosts? I would be a little freaked out, living in a place with that history.

Yes, in some form or another, and I do think I'd be uncomfortable there.

Of course, I would also be disturbed about the bad juju in the federal reserve bank.

Any bad juju is offset by the excellent views of downtown. And Editor may not care for the exterior of this building--and neither do I--but the interiors and third-floor terrace is really amazing.

Archived