Green Trails In West Houston

Anyone know about this area? It's just east of Katy... homes have a Houston address. Schools look good. Anyone familiar with it? We're looking at it as a possible alternative to the 77079 zip inside of Hwy 6 (because of prices and home ages).

Are you referring to Terry Hershey Park? It's a beautiful greenway, even though large parts of it are up against tract housing. If you're looking to buy a suburban-style tract home, it is one of the nicer and more expensive parts of town. The trails are great for walking/running/biking. At some of the more secluded parts, you forget your even in a city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hershey_Park

Are you referring to Terry Hershey Park? It's a beautiful greenway, even though large parts of it are up against tract housing. If you're looking to buy a suburban-style tract home, it is one of the nicer and more expensive parts of town. The trails are great for walking/running/biking. At some of the more secluded parts, you forget your even in a city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hershey_Park

..."tract housing"? Please elaborate.

Anyway, Terry Hershey park is huge, LookingToMove -- it runs parallel to I-10 from Beltway 8 to Highway 6. So, once again, this is the same area of town (for the most part) that you were looking at before: 77079.

And, as barracuda pointed out, it's so nice in the park that you completely forget you're in the city. But it's a park; not a place to live or even one single neighborhood. There are a lot of different neighborhoods that back up to Hershey Park, not all of them that great. And, usually, a house backing up to Hershey Park is a bit more expensive than one that doesn't. So are you back to the drawing board with this whole 77079 thing?

No, I'm talking about an actual subdivision called "Green Trails." It's south of I-10 and just west of the George Bush Park in far west Houston. Zip I think is 77094. Looks like many of the homes were built in the 90's.

We were thinking of it as an alternative if we can't find anything in 77079.

No, I'm talking about an actual subdivision called "Green Trails." It's south of I-10 and just west of the George Bush Park in far west Houston. Zip I think is 77094. Looks like many of the homes were built in the 90's.

We were thinking of it as an alternative if we can't find anything in 77079.

Is that the one that's south on Barkers Cyprus? Or is it down near Westheimer Parkway and Fry? If it's the one on Barkers Cyprus, it seems very nice and I've never heard any complaints from the people I've known who lived there. Those neighborhoods also used to feed into MCHS, but now feed into Taylor.

• The title was changed to Green Trails In West Houston

Archived