KHOU Channel 11

Trivandrum

Do you like Channel 11's new news set?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Channel 11's new news set?

• Yes
    • No

It's amazing how the #1 station is an example. Now that ABC 13 has gotten a new set, Channel 11 is building one. ABC 13 has the best no matter what. Channel 11's temporary set is really nice though.

It's amazing how the #1 station is an example. Now that ABC 13 has gotten a new set, Channel 11 is building one. ABC 13 has the best no matter what. Channel 11's temporary set is really nice though.

Actually, KHOU's set plans go back about two years or so. They just didn't move on it until now for various reasons...

13's is pretty sweet though, especially seen in HD B)

well i think channel 13 had this set in mind for almost 2 years, once their old one began to get to small and fall apart. but they ran into some bumps also. i think the new set is a set back for channel 11 i hope its temporary, but it is kinda nice.

but of course being that channel 13 is number one, you can't blame the other stations for doing what they do.

post-6375-1216036433_thumb.jpg

New sets in a market the size of Houston are never a reaction to what another station is doing. Building a new TV news set takes years to complete. They have to be designed, built, taken apart, shipped to the station (usually across country), reassembled, wired, dressed, and lit properly and tested before they go on air.

I've been through three set changes at three stations. I don't think any of them took less than two years from funding to finish.

Archived