HAIF PotD: HAIF Photo of the Day

editor

Today we begin yet another new feature on HAIF: The HAIF Photo of the Day.

Each day a new picture will be posted in this section of HAIF. They are here for you to admire, comment on, and discuss. Often they will be beautiful pictures of Houston. Sometimes they'll be thoughtful, interesting, or funny pictures.

If you'd like to add one of your pictures to the Photo of the Day, e-mail it, or a link to it (if you're hosting on Flickr, Picassa, etc...) to editor@houstonarchitecture.info and provide some basic information:

• Subject
  • Location (neighborhood is OK)
  • Date (month/year is enough)
  • Photographer

You can optionally add your thoughts and comments about the picture and they will be visible at the time of posting.

Today we begin yet another new feature on HAIF: The HAIF Photo of the Day.

Why not do what Houstonist does.. set up a Flickr Group for Haif... pretty soon you'll have a nice pool of photos constantly being refreshed and you can just pick one each day to highlight...

I think you'll get a much better selection of photos with people only having to remember to tag a photo for Haif as they upload vs relying on them to remember to also email them to you.

Why not do what Houstonist does.. set up a Flickr Group for Haif... pretty soon you'll have a nice pool of photos constantly being refreshed and you can just pick one each day to highlight...

I think you'll get a much better selection of photos with people only having to remember to tag a photo for Haif as they upload vs relying on them to remember to also email them to you.

THIS. This times a million.

It's really easy to set up a Flickr group and you'll get many more submissions this way. Bonus points: your mailbox won't be overflowing with .jpgs and .gifs and .whatevers that people send you. :)

I saw "HAIF POT", and I was like "Wait, wat?"

Maybe this will eventually transform into something like Play-HAIFmate of the month and have a centerfold! :P Oh wait, this is only for buildings and such. :blush:

There is already a HAIF photo group of Flickr. See this thread posted months ago and pinned to the top of the photo section with the word "Notice" so that people would notice it. There's also a link to it at the bottom of each and every HAIF page.

There are currently 24 members. If you'd like to join, we'd love to have you: http://www.flickr.com/groups/haif/

I'm not going to just steal other people's pictures from Flickr. That is wrong and a violation of copyright. But I'll ask the Flickr group if they mind and if they agree, then I'll make it part of the conditions for joining.

Archived