Chesterfield? Green Trails? Kelliwood?

We're considering moving to Katy and thinking about the area south of 10 between grand parkway and highway 6.... Does anyone have any opinions on green trails/ chesterfield / kelliwood? We're looking for a somewhat older neighborhood with lots of trees... We've driven around all three and liked them. Likewise, the schools are pretty good for all of them -- just trying to get a feeling for safety, if any have reputations for anything, etc....

Thanks!

We're considering moving to Katy and thinking about the area south of 10 between grand parkway and highway 6.... Does anyone have any opinions on green trails/ chesterfield / kelliwood? We're looking for a somewhat older neighborhood with lots of trees... We've driven around all three and liked them. Likewise, the schools are pretty good for all of them -- just trying to get a feeling for safety, if any have reputations for anything, etc....

Thanks!

Welcome to Katy!

You really can't go wrong with any of the neighborhoods you mentioned above. Of course Green Trails and Kelliwood have multiple sections with wide ranging ages and price points. Of the three, I think I would go with Chesterfield. The homes are all custom built, so you won't find cookie cutter homes in this small neighborhood and the turnover in there is very low. The community is now directly connected to Cinco Ranch Northlake Village, but still maintains it's own association and identity. All three neighborhoods will be zoned for KISD schools, with Green Trails and the majority of Kelliwood zoned for Taylor High School, and Chesterfield zoned for Cinco.

I'd be happy to pull comps and neighborhood information for you if you're wanting specifics, but in general, I really think you'll be fine regardless of which of these you choose. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Brian.

• The title was changed to Chesterfield? Green Trails? Kelliwood?

Archived