Need advice on renting out a room in my Condo

qwerty

I've been thinking about renting out the 2nd room in my Galleria area condo (near bering/san felipe), which I own. Wondered what is a fair price for it.

Here are the vital stats:

Condo sq footage: about 1200ft

room for rent footage: 12x12

will have own bathroom

HOA provides everything except electric and internet

has 2 car garage and will offer one space for renter

Any other stats that maybe important let me know.

So....what is a fair price for a room and setup like that? And also, should I just go with one lump price that will include electricity and internet that the renter will pay or is it better to evenly split the electricity and internet plus the rent?

TIA

sounds like splitin' things 50/50 to me, or perhaps 60/40 in your favor, after all it is YOUR condo. I am liking a 70/30 split though.

Ah, but if it truely is a room for rent, and not a roommate situation, then they won't have regular access to the kitchen or living room area as living space.

I'd say that if it is a roommate, go for 60/40. If it is just the room, 45/55.

Ah, but if it truely is a room for rent, and not a roommate situation, then they won't have regular access to the kitchen or living room area as living space.

I'd say that if it is a roommate, go for 60/40. If it is just the room, 45/55.

Well, I guess my offer is for a roommate then. That's why I put in the total sq footage.

So 60/40 of my mortgage bill plus monthly HOA fee is fair? And if it's wise just to go with one lump fee that includes estimated electricity bill and internet?

thanks for the input.

Well, I guess my offer is for a roommate then. That's why I put in the total sq footage.

So 60/40 of my mortgage bill plus monthly HOA fee is fair? And if it's wise just to go with one lump fee that includes estimated electricity bill and internet?

thanks for the input.

Make sure to install a DEADBOLT on your bedroom door. Just a word of advice from your Uncle Troy.