One Way and Round Trip Plane Tickets

mojeaux131

I'm looking at options for my return flight to the States. I'm staying, so it's a one way flight. That being said, I played around on different sites like Travelocity and Orbitz and Cheap Tickets and found tickets were quite expensive, over $2000.

Moreover, there wasn't much difference in price at all between one way and round trip! Am I going crazy? Why should half the service cost almost the same (around $200 in difference)?

Thoughts? Anyone?

I'm looking at options for my return flight to the States. I'm staying, so it's a one way flight. That being said, I played around on different sites like Travelocity and Orbitz and Cheap Tickets and found tickets were quite expensive, over $2000.

Moreover, there wasn't much difference in price at all between one way and round trip! Am I going crazy? Why should half the service cost almost the same (around $200 in difference)?

Thoughts? Anyone?

it cost nearly the same to return an empty plane as a full one just like rental trailers and trucks in college towns.....the college town fills up and they sometimes even have to haul some back empty stuffed inside each other or pulling more to get the fleet balanced....airlines need to balance their fleet as well

it also helps to insure that what return business there is will be captured by the same company that "brought you to town" instead of you shopping for the two cheapest one way tickets possibly giving your business to two seperate carriers

Archived