Recommendations For Exterior Painters Heights

Hi, I have a 1920s bungalow that recently had an exterior paint job 7 months ago, and unfortunately, the painters chose a bad caulking and it has been separating from the wood since about March. So I'm in the market for a new painter to fix the job. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have recommendations for an exterior house painter that works with old wooden bungalows and knows what they're doing?

2. Since this caulking issue has started, I have been doing alot of research on the internet, and the consensus seems to be that the space between the overlapping wooden boards should not be caulked. The only things that should be caulked is where the trim meets the wooden boards and around the windows, etc. Does anyone have experience with this?

If you're wondering why I haven't called the old painter back to address this issue with him, he is no longer returning my calls since finding out that this was happening. :( I checked a half dozen refernces with this company, and they seemed legit.

Thanks!

We have an 1899 house and have been very pleased with the job Neda Fitzgerald did (713-528-3013) two years ago. We had some wood damage and she brought in a very good carpenter that made sure that the replacement was done as the original using cypress. Our paint looks fabulous still. We had her back recently because we put in a pool and added some decking so there was a little bit of damage and new wood to be painted. She did a thorough check-up of everything and did some touching up. Like anything, you get what you pay for and the bill was pretty high. I personally think it was worth every penny.

• The title was changed to Recommendations For Exterior Painters Heights

Archived