Tattoo artists

Going to get my first tattoo soon and i'm trying to find a good & reputable artist. I've read about some of the local favorites such as Shaw's, Scorpions, and Texas Tattoo Emporium. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I heard nothing but good stuff from Shaw's, but most people I know personally have gone to Dago's, but that was years ago, so I don't know what they're like right now.

If you can locate Jim Nelson, hes your guy! I've gotten 7 tats all from Jim. His lines are VERY clean and his eye for color unmatchable. I first found him at Shaws, and later at Sacred Heart. Maybe they know where he can be found. If you can't find him then your best bet is Lil Larry Shaw. Hes great too. At Shaws of course.. and the place is very clean.

I heard nothing but good stuff from Shaw's, but most people I know personally have gone to Dago's, but that was years ago, so I don't know what they're like right now.

Shaw's is clean, but they suck as artists, my tattoo from them will atest to it.

Buddha's Temple of Body Art is supposed to be pretty good. I have to look up my guy in Clear Lake area. He owes me one from when I let him steal a car from me. He and his brother are pretty awesome with color and traditional chinese. I will look it up when I get home and post here.