AFGHANISTAN Vs. PAKISTAN?

ricco67

Looks like that region is going to have additional excitement. According to the the article on EurasiaNet.org Karzai might be planning a day trip with a few uniformed collegues to have a discussion with some Taliban people over on the Pakistan side over the border. I'm sure the discussions might be a bit heated considering the following quote:

"Afghanistan has the right of self defense," he said. "When [the Taliban] cross the territory from Pakistan to come and kill Afghans and to kill coalition troops, it exactly gives us the right to go back and do the same."

It is apparent that he has some issue with illegal border crossings and the Pakistani PM not keeping his side of the fence tidy. To say that this might make for an interesting time along the border would be an understatement. I dare say it might make some exciting times there.

But that's just me. Do you think this might trigger a Afghan/Paki war? It might make things more interesting with Pakistan considering their internal (and eternal) struggles within and with India who might see this as an opportunity for a bit of a land grab of their own.