Recommendations For A Good Contractor/Handyman?

Hello, we've recently purchased a 1920's bungalow in the Heights. We had a few items that the house inspector found that we would like to repair, wood rot in some areas of the siding, improper flashing on roof vents, the vent on the water heater not being attached properly, installation of purlins, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who would do a good job on these types of items?

Thanks!!

This is not a recommendation per say, but you should check out The Leader weekly as it contains a number of advertisments from mostly local handymen/repair/installation/landscaping services. I've personally used Rivas Roofing and Gutters to install gutters on my house. They gave me a fair price and I've been very happy with their work for the last three years. I believe they offer other services as well and it may be worth giving them a call. I've also used a garden service found through The Leader as well.

You can always look for the repeat advertisers and check them out at the Better Business Bureau website. If they've done a signifigant amount of work, they will invariably have complaints. If the majority of those are solved satisfactorily, I would consider hiring them. Just my two cents.

Hello, we've recently purchased a 1920's bungalow in the Heights. We had a few items that the house inspector found that we would like to repair, wood rot in some areas of the siding, improper flashing on roof vents, the vent on the water heater not being attached properly, installation of purlins, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who would do a good job on these types of items?

Thanks!!

Try Rudy's Quality Painting.

• The title was changed to Recommendations For A Good Contractor/Handyman?

Archived