don't be fooled by urban lofts $10,000 incentive

prada

these guys are a trip. they just increased home prices by $10,000 and at the same time are offering a $10,000 incentive.

be sure to look at their listing sheets posted at their properties and compare to the internet prices. you will be getting hosed if you don't watch it. :o

i think the "tin man" needs a lube job.

You have to watch for little "details" like that...

A few years ago, when I was looking at them, their little sheets were actually pretty good, I thought. Because they told you, up front, what your REAL payment was going to be (for the lesser informed). That is, they showed you P&I, Taxes, Insurance, and any HOA fees. Not sure if they do this anymore...

Compared to others, at that time... "You mean I can buy this 250K townhouse for only $1400 a month?! Where do I sign?!"

Aesthetics aside, Urban Lofts actually seems to have pretty good reputation around here. You either like the look or not, but their construction is pretty good for the price range and their basic features are pretty straightforward. I've looked at them several times over the years and have noticed one thing lately. Their earlier projects in Rice Military, Montrose area, and close to downtown sold out quickly and if you watch HAR resales don't come back on the market that often. Their latest projects in more "transitional" areas are no longer flying off the sales sheets, it's been a tougher sell in areas that buyers are more skeptical of. All said, I'd consider one of their products if/when I ever sell my Heights area house. I'd be much more leery of the plethora of small townhouse builders out there who build only a handful of homes of dubious quality.

Aesthetics aside, Urban Lofts actually seems to have pretty good reputation around here. You either like the look or not, but their construction is pretty good for the price range and their basic features are pretty straightforward. I've looked at them several times over the years and have noticed one thing lately. Their earlier projects in Rice Military, Montrose area, and close to downtown sold out quickly and if you watch HAR resales don't come back on the market that often. Their latest projects in more "transitional" areas are no longer flying off the sales sheets, it's been a tougher sell in areas that buyers are more skeptical of. All said, I'd consider one of their products if/when I ever sell my Heights area house. I'd be much more leery of the plethora of small townhouse builders out there who build only a handful of homes of dubious quality.

I have had a lot of realtors say they are hard to resale....so I have been hesitant to buy one. Their newer homes are more energy efficient. The older homes do not have double paned glass which saves on the energy bill. We looked at one built in 2001 and the owner said he had high electricity bills.