Windsor Park Lakes Or Seven Meadows?

We've looked at windsor park lakes, and felt it is very beautful community. Anyone knows/heard anything about the community in general ? My concerns is, it is very expensive, for a 3500 ~ 4000 sqft house, the price is around mid 500 to 600k. Wondering if that community is able to hold value over the years ? Another concern is, we have 2 very young kids (10mon and 4yr), I am not sure i've seen many kids running around in the community,and the kids facility and not quite good.

The other community we are looking is seven meadows for a 3700 sqft house, it is costing us about 300k, and it is very kids friendly (facilities, many kids..). I work at I10 and dairy ashford now, with a possibility to work at Galaria in several months. Traffic wise, I-10 after finishing construction, I assume it would be no problem, although I heard in the morning/afternoon, I10 to grand parkway exit is jammed---I tried several times around 8:30 am, i did not see much traffic at all at that exit though.

We are torned between the two communities, any advices would be highly appreciated.

We've looked at windsor park lakes, and felt it is very beautful community. Anyone knows/heard anything about the community in general ? My concerns is, it is very expensive, for a 3500 ~ 4000 sqft house, the price is around mid 500 to 600k. Wondering if that community is able to hold value over the years ? Another concern is, we have 2 very young kids (10mon and 4yr), I am not sure i've seen many kids running around in the community,and the kids facility and not quite good.

The other community we are looking is seven meadows for a 3700 sqft house, it is costing us about 300k, and it is very kids friendly (facilities, many kids..). I work at I10 and dairy ashford now, with a possibility to work at Galaria in several months. Traffic wise, I-10 after finishing construction, I assume it would be no problem, although I heard in the morning/afternoon, I10 to grand parkway exit is jammed---I tried several times around 8:30 am, i did not see much traffic at all at that exit though.

We are torned between the two communities, any advices would be highly appreciated.

Wow, with where you are working, you could live in a great neighborhood with fantastic schools and walk to work. I don't think you need to commit to anything in Katy really. Resales are much better in your work area, if you can afford to live there. These areas definately hold their value and then some.

I know that the traffic around Highway 6 going east AND west at night is really obnoxious. Only thing I have heard about Windsor Park Lakes its that's its cheap, stucco construction. A commute from deep in Katy to the Galleria would be horrible.

Edited by KatieDidIt

Windsor Park Lakes is inhabited by almost entirely corporate relocation big wigs with energy and engineering firms. Being a kid friendly neighborhood was never what it was designed to be. It's been my experience that the place is mostly for those trying to make a statement with their house rather than having a place to call home. I wouldn't say it's cheap stucco construction, because most of the builders in there are low-volume custom homebuilders, and as such have to build a better quality home to justify the prices and not put themselves out of business making warranty repairs.

Seven Meadows on the other hand was built for an entirely different demographic. Newland Communities has long been known for building family friendly neighborhoods, and they take care to make sure there is plenty of park and play areas, while maintaining high neighborhood standards. They also are pretty good at selecting quality 'big name' builders for their developments - you won't see the likes of KBHome, Legend, Carlisle etc. because they simply don't build to the standards they're looking for. My only complaint about Seven Meadows is that they REALLY dropped the ball on the Fry Rd / Grand Parkway intersection by allowing SO MUCH commercial right at that point.

All this being said, you won't have any problems with home values in either neighborhood, but a sale would probably come much quicker in Seven Meadows. KatyDidIt is right though about the Energy Cooridor area nearby to your work. Basically all the way down Eldridge to about Westheimer was built to accomodate Energy Company families and as such the values hold strong.

I'd be happy to get you demographics and numbers if you'll shoot me an email tomorrow on my website if that will help.

Seven Meadows has several upside for a growing family with kids. Meadowbrook Farms club is a short distance drive. New KISD elementary school going to be completed by the start of the 2008 school year for Seven Meadows Residents w/ the exception of Avalon. Seven Lakes High School is enormous and about 2 yrs. old. Avalon at Seven Meadows is my top pick. Gated community with about 200 homesites. Several commerical developments have started and will make location more desired.

• The title was changed to Windsor Park Lakes Or Seven Meadows?