Stephanie Guadian Gone From ABC 13?

Chris

Does anyone know what happened to Stephanie Guadian? She has been absent from the weekend 6 and 10pm newscasts for the past month or 2. Tonight on the 10pm newscast, they didn't roll the talent montage with their pictures and names, Instead they just rolled the "You're watching ABC 13, Houston's News Leader". I believe she no longer works for ABC 13, Looks like they need another new Anchor now.

Does anyone know what happened to Stephanie Guadian? She has been absent from the weekend 6 and 10pm newscasts for the past month or 2. Tonight on the 10pm newscast, they didn't roll the talent montage with their pictures and names, Instead they just rolled the "You're watching ABC 13, Houston's News Leader". I believe she no longer works for ABC 13, Looks like they need another new Anchor now.

Not so fast there slick. Stephanie takes some extended time off and you jump to the conclusion that she doesn't work there anymore?

Check the KTRK website. She's still there on the News Team page. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/newsteam

I think I know what happened to this one, but I'm not totally positive its her. I didn't catch the name.

What I do know (!HEARSAY!) is that one of their anchor-babes took advantage of some perks that she shouldn't have, went on an all-expense-paid vacation overseas with her boyfriend, and didn't even do a segment for the entity that picked up the tab...all without telling her superiors. Major fallout. Heads rolled. The anchor-babe is working in radio now.

So sayeth my source...but I caution that he usually gets one or two details wrong, so don't take it as gospel.

I think I know what happened to this one, but I'm not totally positive its her. I didn't catch the name. What I do know (!HEARSAY!) is that one of their anchor-babes took advantage of some perks that she shouldn't have, went on an all-expense-paid vacation overseas with her boyfriend, and didn't even do a segment for the entity that picked up the tab...all without telling her superiors. Major fallout. Heads rolled. The anchor-babe is working in radio now. So sayeth my source...but I caution that he usually gets one or two details wrong, so don't take it as gospel.

I doubt that it was Stephanie G. The first thing that happens when someone gets fired from a TV station is their picture disappears from the station's website.

Stephanie's pic and bio info are still there. So I don't think it was her.

Not so fast there slick. Stephanie takes some extended time off and you jump to the conclusion that she doesn't work there anymore?

Check the KTRK website. She's still there on the News Team page. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/newsteam

Doug Brown's picture and bio is still up on the website also, and he left nearly 2 months ago. They appearently don't update the news team page often.

Doug Brown's picture and bio is still up on the website also, and he left nearly 2 months ago. They appearently don't update the news team page often.

That may depend on the circumstances surrounding the departure. People retiring or moving on are remembered more fondly than people who're fired for whatever reason.

But, it's worth noting that none of us knows which KTRK face has been fired, or even if ANYBODY has been fired. So far it's just a rumor.

Archived