Terrazzo "infinity" flooring

Saw this mentioned. Basically its like the old terrazzo floor, but no concrete just epoxy? stronger and really shiny.

if anyone has experience/familiarity with this, I'm just trying to gauge its cost vs. tile

Its for 2 small rooms, ~600 sq ft. the main concern is a growing crack in the foundation....over time it will break the grout and tile if its laid on top. Initial thought is this terrazzo could be stronger and pretty stylish.

Have you looked at using tile and installing a decoupling membrane between the slab and tile? Schluter makes an excellent product called Ditra that is perfect your application. More info can be found at the link below.

http://www.schluter.com/6_1_ditra.aspx

From the website:

Tile has been successfully installed for thousands of years by incorporating an uncoupling layer, or forgiving shear interface, within the tile assembly. Schluter-DITRA provides uncoupling through its open rib structure, which allows for in-plane movement that effectively neutralizes the differential movement stresses between the substrate and the tile, thus eliminating the major cause of cracking and delaminating of the tiled surface.

I was in a house in Glenbrook this week that a couple from Clear Lake are restoring. They had a section of poured terrazzo put in and the "divets" from where it had carpet tack strips repaired. I thought it would be cost prohibitive to have any new portion done. It is NOT terrazzo tile but the regular poured kind. But apparently it wasn't that bad to have done by this one person. John Calarco (sp?) did it. His info is on this forum somewhere if you search terrazzo.

Archived