Since I have no idea where to start on this project, I thought I'd throw the question up on HAIF. I am looking at having two steel decks added to my townhouse in Midtown. One on the side of the house that will match the existing steel staircase and fencing & one on the roof. The one on the side of the house should be a relatively simple 2nd story deck to plan, but I want it made out of diamond plate steel and don't know who to even ask for estimates. The second deck will be a rooftop deck and will most likely require some strengthening to the current framing to support it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good contractors to discuss estimates for this work?

Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide,

David

Since I have no idea where to start on this project, I thought I'd throw the question up on HAIF. I am looking at having two steel decks added to my townhouse in Midtown. One on the side of the house that will match the existing steel staircase and fencing & one on the roof. The one on the side of the house should be a relatively simple 2nd story deck to plan, but I want it made out of diamond plate steel and don't know who to even ask for estimates. The second deck will be a rooftop deck and will most likely require some strengthening to the current framing to support it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good contractors to discuss estimates for this work?

Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide,

David

Do a Google search for metal fabricators Houston. You may also ask your builder if he has contacts.

I've used Ryan Steel Services on several of my new construction projects and he does excellent work.

Here is his number:

Robert Ryan

281-353-8844 (Office)

He is probably one of the best in town and I have never, ever been disappointed by him. In fact, he has fixed things that OTHER fabbers have screwed up (see structural steel post that was holding up three floors above it!).

Couldn't possibly recommend him any higher. If you want to tell him who referred you, just send me a PM.

• 8 months later...