David Center

Anyone know what's going on with this place? There's been workers out there making steady improvements for the last few weekends. I've noticed that it's very gradual, i.e. hand painting the outside, etc. However, this past Saturday they actually installed a lot of windows (!) onto it. I would guess that nothing may be going in there immediately, but maybe the owners felt that they'd only get calls to their "Now Leasing" sign that's recently been put up if their building actually looks like it deserves to stand.

Anyone know what's going on with this place? There's been workers out there making steady improvements for the last few weekends. I've noticed that it's very gradual, i.e. hand painting the outside, etc. However, this past Saturday they actually installed a lot of windows (!) onto it. I would guess that nothing may be going in there immediately, but maybe the owners felt that they'd only get calls to their "Now Leasing" sign that's recently been put up if their building actually looks like it deserves to stand.

I've noticed this as well. One weekend, it looked like they'd hired an off-duty cop to guard the place while work was being done.

post-6021-1209098358_thumb.jpgThis is my first reply after being directed to this message board.

David Center has been bought by David Center Partners and closed January 31, 2008. The property is known as 1610 & 1602 Cullen Blvd. We required a hearing order extention from Neighborhood Protection as a result of the previous owners neglect to maintain the structure and the resulting abuse by vagrents. The contractor awarded the exterior renovation was awarded March 19th following the receipt of the city permits required and is expected to complete the exterior paint and trim detail Friday April 24th.

We appreciate your concern for the area and look forward to adding to the revitilization of the East End.

We ask for everyones assistance to secure tenants to serve the needs of the residents of the surrounding areas and your support is greatly appreciated. For additional information regarding the property please feel free to contact us.

Respectfully,

Sheldon Weisfeld David Center Partners 281-236-3625

I have provided an attachment with the pictures from 4-24-08 showing the new glass work.

The changes are quite a site to see what a transformation the building has had since the homeless have been removed and the building has been repaired & rehabilitated. We think this represents a great example of what The East End should expect.

The attachment failed, it is 822K. If you would like it emailed please request the pdf-flyer at sdnw@hotmail.com and we will be happy to send it to you. Thank you.

Archived