Greetings from Phoenix

Hi everyone! Greetings from Sue, who is working in Beijing, China.

I am here just want to meet friends who are working for architectural associates: architectural designers, architects and who have demands about the architectural renderings, illustrations, modelings etc.

Also, i would like to communicate more about everything you are interested in, china culture, china's construction trend, china's resources, markets...

Ok, wish to meet many friends here soon.

Best wishes and regards

I read earlier today that China accounts for 90% of the increase in global copper consumption since 2001. That speaks volumes about the infrastructure and real estate that is being developed over there. In fact, its hard for me to even wrap my mind around the volume of construction under way in the larger cities. It's so mind-boggling to me that I want to have a conversation on the subject but just don't know where to begin.

For what it's worth, welcome to HAIF.

I saw a stat that based on typical percentage of who are gifted/talented, China has more gifted/talented students than the U.S. has total students right now. Equally scary.

China also has over 700 million people living on under US$2 a day. Put another way, China has twice as many people living in abject poverty than the United States has people.

I saw a stat that based on typical percentage of who are gifted/talented, China has more gifted/talented students than the U.S. has total students right now. Equally scary.

In my personal idea, this is just senseless conclusion and tests. We can not judge human's talent and gift just by some tests, anyone has some potential talent just need to discover by someways. Our nationality has realized our adv and disadv about education, we have been imporving and making it better to catch up the global advanced technology, to let our children adapt to the global trend. Compared with US students, china students just good at examples, may get higher scores ... etc, while US students are very good at "imaging, doing, trying" ...

Please don't forget that China is a farm country. Also, 2usd equals to 14RMB, that is not bad life for a low cost level countryside.

I don't disagree with any of that, I was just pointing out that I was astounded by the sheer numbers. Certainly there are disadvantages to be overcome, but I've got to think China will make huge strides in the next 25 years regardless.

China has got huge strides in the last 25 years, and i am sure in the next 10-25 years, we will have another view to show the world. Thank you for your attention. :)

• 3 weeks later...