Check out my awesome old bricks and help me find more!

Go around Montrose and look for brick Bungalows that are being demolished... find the owner (or the builder), see if you can salvage the brick. That's what you need... I know of two bungalows that were destroyed within 4 weeks of each other Dunlavy/Marshall-ish...

Go around Montrose and look for brick Bungalows that are being demolished... find the owner (or the builder), see if you can salvage the brick. That's what you need... I know of two bungalows that were destroyed within 4 weeks of each other Dunlavy/Marshall-ish...

I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled. This brick is really hard to match. I've found a bunch that are close but not quite right. A brick guy told me that since these bricks around here were all fired at different times, most all look a little different house to house. Lots of them look like a match from the street but then when you get close you see the texture and color are different. I've become a big fan of all the crazy brick around here in the process. There is some pretty cool stuff..

I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled. This brick is really hard to match. I've found a bunch that are close but not quite right. A brick guy told me that since these bricks around here were all fired at different times, most all look a little different house to house. Lots of them look like a match from the street but then when you get close you see the texture and color are different. I've become a big fan of all the crazy brick around here in the process. There is some pretty cool stuff..

Just keep your eyes open for salvage opportunities... Try to match old brick, with old brick, if you can...

Slightly off topic... but... one of my biggest pet peeves is painted brick (on bungalows that had original non-painted brick). Should be added to the list of Vatican Sins.

Archived