Fantasy Rail Thread (w/ maps)

woolie

If we do that, then the train is going to have to have higher capacity or the stations are going to have to be designed with 4 cars if we keep the current configuration. Many of those that ride on bellaire ultimately have cross town connections.

I'd like to know what the ridership ranking of that (and others) is compared to other routes.

• 10 months later...

I just completed an errand by using Spur 5 and exited OST. I am sure today's perfect weather played a part with the point I am about to make however as I turned west on OST I could not help but think of this thread and about light rail running in the center of OST and all the possibilities that small stretch offers. Today by itself Mac Gregor Park looked phenomenal and would look even better with rail running down OST. Add some mixed use residential, retail and restaurant(s) development across the street and we got ourselves a pretty nice stretch where people can dine outside and have fun at the park. Just wanted to share my mini vacation for the day. Maybe UH can buy those properties as well and construct my dreams. Sigh

It would helpful if the map was marked a bit more, as a map of the highways provide very little assistance to a non-Houston native. I could generally guess where some areas are, it's just the inner-city bits.

Where does the red line go? There's an abandoned ROW that parallels SH-288, is that it?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=29....031929&z=15

Archived