Deck Designers/outdoor Kitchens

I'm looking to find someone who can do something, maybe unique.. maybe not.. I've not seen it yet.

Details: I'm looking to build a deck on the back on my house for late summer/fall this year. I'd like to use composite "boards", to prevent rotting and maintenance issues.. I have a very small backyard, so space efficiency is an utmost requirement..

My basic ideas is a covered built-in "cabana", canvased covered sitting area with a table, and a built in kitchen.. which would be just a built in gas grill and flanking counter tops..

I've not measured it yet, but for reference I've a 5000 sq ft lot, where the house and front yard is about half of that, the garage and driveway is the other 1/4 of it.. So I'm not talking about a huge area.. AND I want to be able to leave some grass in the back yard to throw the kids around in..

Anyway.. the ads I've found so far show huge backyards, brick kitchens and large clumpy furniture.. Nothing really which shows how to use space efficiently..

Anyone have suggestions of a designer/deckbuilder/outdoorkitchen builder who might be able to meet these basic requirements?

Thanks

I'm looking to find someone who can do something, maybe unique.. maybe not.. I've not seen it yet.

Details: I'm looking to build a deck on the back on my house for late summer/fall this year. I'd like to use composite "boards", to prevent rotting and maintenance issues.. I have a very small backyard, so space efficiency is an utmost requirement..

My basic ideas is a covered built-in "cabana", canvased covered sitting area with a table, and a built in kitchen.. which would be just a built in gas grill and flanking counter tops..

I've not measured it yet, but for reference I've a 5000 sq ft lot, where the house and front yard is about half of that, the garage and driveway is the other 1/4 of it.. So I'm not talking about a huge area.. AND I want to be able to leave some grass in the back yard to throw the kids around in..

Anyway.. the ads I've found so far show huge backyards, brick kitchens and large clumpy furniture.. Nothing really which shows how to use space efficiently..

Anyone have suggestions of a designer/deckbuilder/outdoorkitchen builder who might be able to meet these basic requirements?

Thanks

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Very small backyard that is made smaller because of a pool and spa. We're looking for a open deck area with one side covered that contains the outdoor kitchen. I'm trying to get all of my ducks in order so I'm looking everywhere for references from people that were pleased with the job their deckbiulder/designer did.

Archived