Townhouse Mystery...

Panson

Hi everyone,

need some advices on my current situation......

My gf and I just married and both of us got a new job an year ago.

I currently work at east loop and she works at downtown.

We are looking for a townhouse around 200k budget at memorial area (77079 & 77024)

The budget is partially injected by my parents who are thinking to make possible returns when we sell the estate.

Back to the topic./....

Apparently, there aren't so many options for us to choose.....

Additionally, I figured 200k could possibilly cover a single family house, but we are afraid that all the fees and property taxes may be a burden for us.

The question is,

1. Do you think 77079 & 77024 would be a good place to buy townhouse??

2. If you were me, would you buy townhouse or single family home?

3. Investment wise, what other areas you guys might consider is such case.

Appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

Pan

Are you trying to get zoned to SBISD or the western part of HISD? If that's the idea, then 77079 or 77024 make sense. If schools are not a big issue, then you might consider going closer to downtown so as to split the distance on your commutes. I'd suggest that you check out townhomes off of Clinton Dr. between Jensen and York, as well as townhomes just opposite downtown in 77003. If you want a single-family home in a nice neighborhood within which you could split your commutes, many are still attainable at your price point in Eastwood (which is in 77023).

I have no doubt that the Energy Corridor area is a good investment, but at what cost to you in terms of out-of-pocket transportation expenses and especially your time?