Cane Island

palmer

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard about this project. It's hard to tell exactly what the borders are but it seems to be right in my backyard! Any new info would be great :)

From what I'm reading, it looks like some old Katy families pooled the last of their land and incorporated. They then surveyed, plotted and planned the land for development and now have it up for sale. When the environmental and feasability reports have already been performed, and a possible development has already been planned it makes the land much more valuable.

It doesn't look like it's actually going to happen yet, but rather that they're fishing for developers to come in and do it. Otherwise CBRE wouldn't be involved.

City of Houston ETJ is that far?

It kind of surrounds Katy. Actually the COH has done limited annexation all the way out I-10, including areas north and south of the highway as well as down Hwy 99 capturing the corners of intersections at Westhiemer Parkway & Fry.

Houston ETJ

I know about that. I was meaning let Houston give Katy some of its ETJ like it did for Katy Mills Mall. All of Cinco Ranch, etc., should be in Katy City Limits. I think Firethorne (where I live) is in Houston ETJ.

I know about that. I was meaning let Houston give Katy some of its ETJ like it did for Katy Mills Mall. All of Cinco Ranch, etc., should be in Katy City Limits. I think Firethorne (where I live) is in Houston ETJ.

Actually Trae, Firethrone is IN Fulshear's ETJ. As stated on their website: http://www.firethorne.info/images/Community_Facts.pdf

I always tought that it was in Katy City Limit for some reason.

Archived