Rochester Quadrajet 750cfm For Sale ! $130 Obo

TJones

Guest danax

The old Rochester was the main man of the muscle car era. I had one of those, can't remember the model, on a '69 Firebird with a 455. Raw power....., although some smaller cars these days could probably beat it.

The old Rochester was the main man of the muscle car era. I had one of those, can't remember the model, on a '69 Firebird with a 455. Raw power....., although some smaller cars these days could probably beat it.

If you had a '69 with the 455, then you had THIS same type of carb on it.

Also the Carter AFB and whatever Holley made

Motorcraft 4350 wasn't bad either

Right, should have been a little more specific and said Rochester was the main man for GM musclecars back then. I think only Corvette used Carters at one point, and Pontiac used them on the tri-carb manifolds of their GTOs.

Ford used Motorcraft 4 barrels on their muscle. From my readings I also found that Ford and GM used alot of Holley 2 barrels on there 4 cylinder 70's cars, like vegas and pintos.

Holleys really didn't become popular until they were aftermarket only productions. I like them as well, had one on my first '72 Cutlass, which had a 455 in it. My engine now, is a bored over 350, highly modified, and I felt I needed the Edelbrock to match my RPM intake.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived