Contractor Recommendations

Hi, I'm looking to buy my first house, a bungalow in Montrose. I have one inspection report on it, and need someone who can guide me through it and help me find people to do the work, as well as another inspection. Would that be a contractor, or would it be better to individually contract with people about the repairs? I would need fireplace work, wood replacement in house and garage, electrical work, replacement of water heater with tankless heater, etc. I'm also interested in adding some closets and would like some input on the feasibility of that. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you very much, and I will continue reading up on this site!

It depends on how fast you want to go. If this is something you're going to do a little at a time and you do mind finding your own subs, then you don't really need a contractor. Although, I do recommend that you have someone you know that knows the business to come by and check everything for you every once in a while.

Otherwise, if you want to go quickly and only deal one person, then go with the contractor. Go to the GHBA website under member search and find remodelers. Check references of course. Be wary of the guy in the old pickup, sometimes you get what you pay for. Good luck.

Archived