Fire In East End

About 10:45 a.m. today, a business burned near Dumble/Harrisburg area, South of Harrisburg. What burned?

No clue, but I could see it from my window. Tried to drive by but everything was blocked off. It was just south of the train tracks that run parallel to Harrisburg.

No clue, but I could see it from my window. Tried to drive by but everything was blocked off. It was just south of the train tracks that run parallel to Harrisburg.

Yep, I spotted it from I-45, exited Wayside, and then came back up Harrisburg. I wish I'd had a good camera on me, because some of the photos of sillohettes of cars and people half-submerged in the murky smoke would've been striking. I'm glad I didn't drive through it though; there's no telling what kind of chemicals are in the foam that was fueling the fire.

Yes, Wish I'd had mine with me also [usually do]. Passed by a photographer setting up camera at Hughe's St & the rr tracks. I'm sure it was a great photo as it was really errie looking at smoke over the rr tracks & city in background.

We were working on house & from Lawndale/Dismuke, it looked like it was in vacinity of rr tracks that cross Lawndale[usually lots of tank cars on that track.] With the tank cars that pass on most all tracks in the East End, am curious how situations like this fire near rr tracks are handled. Guess trains are rerouted?

Yep, I spotted it from I-45, exited Wayside, and then came back up Harrisburg. I wish I'd had a good camera on me, because some of the photos of sillohettes of cars and people half-submerged in the murky smoke would've been striking. I'm glad I didn't drive through it though; there's no telling what kind of chemicals are in the foam that was fueling the fire.

Archived