Least Used Houston Freeway

We were coming back from New Orleans via I-10 and I thought we could do the Beltway North up the Woodlands and avoid city traffic. Boy was I suprised to find out that Beltway 8 is not a Freeway in that section. On the upside I got to see places I never new existed. Summerwood and all the hubcap resale stores along the way.

About 16 years ago, I was coming from the Woodlands to Baytown and decided to take the Beltway 8, what a surprise. Nothing but swamps, and I almost hit a huge river otter. I'm sure it's changed by now.

man, this is odd... i've been on almost all the freeways... i guess it's because i've lived in so many different places... humble, north shore area on the east side, the near north side, investment property in mission bend (west), in-laws in league city, friends in pearland and mo city... and a few trips into pasadena...

i would have to say i personally use 225, 3, and 35 the least, as I have no real reason to be in those areas...

also, i think there is a difference between a "highway" (249) and a freeway (10, 45, 59, 290)... and some are both (249, 90, 59 when you get far enough north, 290 when you get to giddings, elgin, manor and start hitting lights, etc...)

houston is big. i've driven most of it many times. i know where you live!

I think I've been on every stretch of freeway inside (and including) the Beltway except the Westpark and Fort Bend tollways. It's been years since I've been on the Hardy Toll Road or the west and north Beltway. I rarely take toll roads...not because I have to pay, but I never seem to gain any time advantage with them going to anything I go to. If I started hanging out in Alief all of a sudden I'd get an EZ tag and take the Westpark, I guess.

As far as the lightest traffic among freeways that go in and out of the Loop, probably the Eastex Freeway (59 North). Since they finished the construction, getting up and down there is a piece of cake compared to, say, 290...

90A will be interesting once they complete the freeway all the way to 59 near First Colony. Everything along 90A to Richmond basically is under construction. Unfortunately it's already bottlenecking where it ends at 610, because you have to stop at a light on the 610 feeder to either get on the loop going west or turn right to go east. It would be cool if they had some kind of ramp that carried you directly onto the loop (sort of like the one that brings you off 61st onto the freeway part of Broadway in Galveston). If everyone in Sugar Land started coming up South Main, it would be backed up all the way to Hillcroft and beyond in the morning...but then maybe 59 will be a breeze :D

Archived